Avanath is proud to be named one of top property management companies to provide affordable housing for the work force. Cultivating the American Dream is the purpose that binds the Avanath team. At Avanath, every day is an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life. Whether it is helping residents call one of our communities home, providing excellence in customer service, or championing our workforce, we are committed to creating an unforgettable experience as a great place to live, work and be.
The Role: The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair efforts for an assigned community, including the physical aspects of the property, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, major appliances, and amenities. You will ensure that all work meets Avanath's standards from a safety and operating perspective, as well as all applicable laws and regulations.
You Are A+ - (Aptitude, Authentic, Aspiration and Ambition)
- An Aptitude for Connecting
- You have a knack for creating a sense of community, as well as the drive to go the extra mile to create a spectacular experience for all residents. Your success and purpose are driven by the relationships that you build.
- Proactive Problem-Solving Practices (3Ps)
- An Authentic Attitude
- An Aspiration for Follow-up and Follow Through
- An Ambition to Support Residents and Colleagues
- There is no “I” in team for you. You understand that your participation and support are integral to the success of Avanath, and ensuring that each resident feels seen, heard and understood.
- General Repairs and Maintenance
- Prepares apartments for turnover in a timely manner
- Maintains and repairs buildings' plumbing and electrical systems.
- Patches and installs dry wall
- Installs air conditioning units, heating units, appliances, water heaters, shower tubs, windows and other equipment
- Assists with moving furniture and appliances
- Inspects buildings for water leaks, gas leaks, failing electrical wires, and other potential safety hazards.
- Makes repairs as needed and other duties when needed
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times
- Maintains cleanliness of property
- Ensuring community Is free of trash and litter, including sidewalks and parking lots
- Organizes and cleans storage sheds, rain gutters, laundry rooms; washes windows
- This position works within the community, which may include accessing residents' units for life and safety matters and a normal office environment. There may be contact with residents, employees, and the public. Due to the potential exposure risk, the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required. The incumbent in this is classified as essential staff and is expected to report to work and adhere to all safety and business protocols established during the pandemic. Please be further advised that Avanath does require proof of Covid-19 vaccination and temperature and symptom monitoring to assist the teams and communities in minimizing risk of exposure. Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required to be employed by Avanath.
- 2-3 years of experience in maintenance, facilities, or field with related skills
- Basic knowledge of:
- General repairs/maintenance work
- Basic appliance and HVAC repair (replacing fixtures, installing parts)
- Plumbing and electrical
- Comfortability with computers and using programs/applications such as Windows (Word, Excel), ADP and e-mail
- Valid Driver’s license
How Avanath Supports You We know that our teams are the heart of our success and growth, and we are committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Culture Built on Purpose and Core Values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Comprehensive Benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k), personal time off, paid holidays and more!
- Growth that is based on achievement and an emphasis on promoting from within our ranks versus just external candidates
- Development – a commitment to creating opportunities to learn and expand your knowledge in the industry from online training platforms to training classes to one-on-one coaching
Diversity & Inclusion Avanath Capital is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have, and Diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”) are at the very core of Avanath’s operating and investment philosophy. We believe that bringing together people with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, talents, and experiences at all levels of our organization, including the executive team, enables us to proactively and creatively achieve our mission to enable opportunities for hard-working American families. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part our culture, our reputation and our achievements. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Our organization’s diversity initiatives include—but are not limited to—our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.