Avanath is proud to be named one of top property management companies to provide affordable housing for the work force. Cultivating the American Dream is the purpose that binds the Avanath team. At Avanath, every day is an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life. Whether it is helping residents call one of our communities home, providing excellence in customer service, or championing our workforce, we are committed to creating an unforgettable experience as a great place to live, work and be.
This role will be responsible for supervising, tracking, and evaluating day to day operations of the Accounting department. Working closely with the financial management team, this role will ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, oversee general accounting functions, review current accounting processes, and make recommendations and Improvements.
You Have the Attitude, Aptitude and Ambition (A+ Logo)...
- Adept Leadership Principles
- Incredible Customer Service Skills
- Proactive Problem-Solving Practices (3Ps)
- Follow-up and Follow Through
- By understanding what is important to operations, you continuously reach out with tailored updates to executive team and departments, investment partners, and vendors.
- A Genuine Desire to Support Both Residents and Colleagues
- There is no “I” in team for you. You understand that your participation and support are integral to the success of Avanath, and ensuring that each resident feel seen, heard and understood.
- Oversee and manage the daily operations of the accounting department Including, month and end of year process, AP/AR, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll & utilities, budgeting, forecasting, reconciliations, etc.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Analyze complex financial Information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Producing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for management.
- Staff Leadership
- Oversee and Set objectives for team that aligns with the goals of the company.
- Assist In development and Implementation of continuous Improvement process strategies within the department.
- Provide support daily and train & development of new team members.
- Customer Service
- Positive interaction and communication with executive team and departments, and investment partners regarding operational concerns, forecasting, and other tasks associated with goals and objectives.
- Assist the team in creating and implementing systems that provides necessary services to property management, community personnel, or investor partners.
- Adherence to PM Rules, Regulations and Guidelines
- Respond to any potential housing violations and liability concerns regarding the property in a prompt, transparent and effective manner.
- The incumbent in this is classified as essential staff and is expected to report to work and adhere to all safety and business protocols established during the pandemic. Please be further advised that Avanath does require temperature and symptom monitoring to assist the teams in minimizing risk of exposure.
- Frequent sitting
- Repetitive use of computer, keyboard, mouse, and phone
- Reading, comprehending, writing, performing calculations, communicating verbally.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field, CPA certified desired
- 5+ years of experience in corporate finance or accounting
- 3 years of hands-on leadership experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Must be experienced in and able to demonstrate proficiency with excel and accounting software.
- Must possess extensive skill level of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Yardi, Internet and email knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior executives, business vendors, community associates and investor contacts as needed.
- Ability to work well under time and other constraints.
How Avanath Supports You We know that our teams are the heart of our success and growth, and we are committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Culture Built on Purpose and Core Values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Comprehensive Benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k), personal time off, paid holidays and more!
- Growth that is based on achievement and an emphasis on promoting from within our ranks versus just external candidates
- Development – a commitment to creating opportunities to learn and expand your knowledge in the industry from online training platforms to training classes to one-on-one coaching
Diversity & Inclusion Avanath Capital is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have, and Diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”) are at the very core of Avanath’s operating and investment philosophy. We believe that bringing together people with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, talents, and experiences at all levels of our organization, including the executive team, enables us to proactively and creatively achieve our mission to enable opportunities for hard-working American families. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part our culture, our reputation and our achievements. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Our organization’s diversity initiatives include—but are not limited to—our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.