Avanath is proud to be named one of top property management companies to provide affordable housing for the work force. Cultivating the American Dream is the purpose that binds the Avanath team. At Avanath, every day is an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life. Whether it is helping residents call one of our communities home, providing excellence in customer service, or championing our workforce, we are committed to creating an unforgettable experience as a great place to live, work and be.
The Role: This position will require this individual to have a flexible mindset as policies and procedures are created while the department is established and the accounts payable function is brought in-house from a 3rd party servicer
You Are A+!
- An Aptitude for Connecting - Must possess a strong sense for creating a sense of community, as well as the drive to go the extra mile to create a positive experience for all residents and staff. Your success and purpose are driven by the relationships that you build within your communities including vendor partners, regulatory and social services partnerships. This Includes adopting a collaborative approach to create consistent favorable circumstances that foster success and effectiveness for the Organization and the communities.
- An Authentic Attitude - Consistently demonstrate an open and professional attitude and approach when accessing and resolving resident and staff concerns. This Includes, but Is not limited to, seeking resources throughout the organization via the organizations' support services and senior leadership.
- An Approach that is positive and Professional - Consistently demonstrate an approach of active listening and understand that your participation and support are integral to the success of Avanath, ensuring that each resident and staff feel seen, heard and valued as you and the staff work to resolve challenges.
- Receive, evaluate, and process invoices and statements from vendors in a timely manner.
- Uses established company policies and procedures to determine validity of charges and prices.
- Research and resolve expense and payment variances/discrepancies.
- Obtain proper approvals and authorization for invoice payments.
- Verify vendor accounts by reviewing and reconciling monthly vendor statements.
- Assist with reconciling bank statements as needed.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries and requests.
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy when coding expenses by using historical information, budgets, and other sources to ensure items are correctly recorded in the General Ledger.
- Continuing to improve the payables process.
- Assists with ad hoc analysis, reporting, and special projects, as needed.
- Community Relations + Customer Service
- Positive interaction and communication with communities regarding operational concerns, listing preparation and other tasks associated with acquiring related subjects.
- Assist the team in creating and implementing systems that provides necessary services to property management, community personnel, or investor partners.
- Adherence to PM Rules, Regulations and Guidelines
- Respond to any potential housing violations and liability concerns regarding the property in a prompt, transparent and effective manner.
- The incumbent in this is classified as essential staff and is expected to report to work and adhere to all safety and business protocols.
- Frequent sitting and walking
- Travel within the region and to other business offices and events via airline, trains and automobiles
- Repetitive use of computer, keyboard, mouse, and phone
- Reading, comprehending, writing, performing calculations, communicating verbally
- May work in an elevated site, may walk on uneven ground
- Occasional squatting, bending neck/waist, twisting neck/waist, pushing, and pulling
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
- 3+ years of accounts payable experience required, preferably in a high-volume environment with a real estate company.
- Yardi Voyager and PayScan experience a plus, but not required. Experience with an ERP system preferred.
- Understanding of GAAP and general accounting concepts.
- Excellent people skills, with a service-minded, willing-to-help, and proactive attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness are required for this position.
- Ability to prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, problem solve, and be a team player.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination is required to be employed by Avanath.
How Avanath Supports You We know that our teams are the heart of our success and growth, and we are committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Culture Built on Purpose and Core Values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Comprehensive Benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k), personal time off, paid holidays and more!
- Growth that is based on achievement and an emphasis on promoting from within our ranks versus just external candidates
- Development – a commitment to creating opportunities to learn and expand your knowledge in the industry from online training platforms to training classes to one-on-one coaching
Diversity & Inclusion Avanath Capital is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have, and Diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”) are at the very core of Avanath’s operating and investment philosophy. We believe that bringing together people with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, talents, and experiences at all levels of our organization, including the executive team, enables us to proactively and creatively achieve our mission to enable opportunities for hard-working American families. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part our culture, our reputation and our achievements. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Our organization’s diversity initiatives include—but are not limited to—our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.