Avanath was established in 2007 and continues to be one of the most successful, fast-growing private companies in the affordable housing sector nationwide. Our mission is to provide hard-working families with high quality, well-maintained housing; the pursuit of the American Dream. Avanath has proven to make an impact not only in our residents’ lives but also in the communities we serve.
If you are looking to make a difference and leave an impact in your next role, Avanath is where you can start.
- Receive, evaluate, and process invoices and statements from vendors in a timely manner.
- Uses established company policies and procedures to determine validity of charges and prices.
- Research and resolve expense and payment variances/discrepancies.
- Obtain proper approvals and authorization for invoice payments.
- Verify vendor accounts by reviewing and reconciling monthly vendor statements.
- Assist with reconciling bank statements as needed.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries and requests.
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy when coding expenses by using historical information, budgets, and other sources to ensure items are correctly recorded in the General Ledger.
- Continuing to improve the payables process.
- Assists with ad hoc analysis, reporting, and special projects, as needed.
- Degree in accounting or related field preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of accounts payable experience required, preferably in a high-volume environment with a real estate company.
- Yardi Voyager and PayScan experience a plus, but not required. Experience with an ERP system preferred.
- Understanding of GAAP and general accounting concepts.
- Excellent people skills, with a service-minded, willing-to-help, and proactive attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness are required for this position.
- Ability to prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, problem solve, and be a team player.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Avanath offers a full benefits package, including medical – HMO’s and PPO’s, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability, a 401k Plan, and Flexible Spending plans for Medical and Dependent Care. We also provide paid vacation and sick time.
Avanath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious dress or grooming, genetic information, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.