Avanath was established in 2007 and continues to be one of the most successful, fast-growing private companies in the affordable housing sector nationwide. Our mission is to provide hard-working families with high quality, well-maintained housing; the pursuit of the American Dream. Avanath has proven to make an impact not only in our residents’ lives but also in the communities we serve. If you are looking to make a difference and leave an impact in your next role, Avanath is where you can start.
This position is geared toward a Junior Accountant who is looking to take the next step in their career or a Staff Accountant who is looking for a better opportunity. This position will require this individual to have a flexible mindset as policies and procedures are established while the department is built and accounting for the portfolio is brought online.
- Assisting in the onboarding of currently outsourced residential property management accounting functions, including: Bank Reconciliation, Account Reconciliation, AP, Fixed Assets, Accruals, Debt Service, Monthly Close, and other G/L functions.
- Serve as an accounting liaison to Property Management, Acquisitions, Asset Management, and other groups within the firm in order to facilitate collaboration and success for the accounting department.
- Facilitates the accounting close process and creates monthly reporting packages and financial statements, currently prepared by third-party accounting firms.
- Assists with ad hoc analysis, reporting, and special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- Understanding of and experience in residential real estate accounting concepts and principles a plus, but not required.
- Yardi Voyager experience a plus, but not required. Experience with an ERP system preferred.
- Intermediate Excel capabilities.
- Understanding of GAAP and general accounting concepts.
- Excellent people skills, with a service-minded, willing-to-help, and proactive attitude.
- Be very detail and deadline oriented.
- Ability to prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, problem solve, and be a team player.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Avanath offers a full benefits package, including medical – HMO’s and PPO’s, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability, a 401k Plan, and Flexible Spending plans for Medical and Dependent Care. We also provide paid vacation and sick time.
Avanath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious dress or grooming, genetic information, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.