Avanath is proud to be named one of top property management companies to provide affordable housing for the work force. Cultivating the American Dream is the purpose that binds the Avanath team. At Avanath, every day is an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life. Whether it is helping residents call one of our communities home, providing excellence in customer service, or championing our workforce, we are committed to creating an unforgettable experience as a great place to live, work and be.
The Role: This role will handle the financial aspect of private, commercial, and Industrial real estate sales, rentals, and purchases.
You Are A+*!* Aptitude, Advantageous, Authentic, Aspiration and Ambition An Aptitude for Connecting
- You have a knack for creating a sense of community, as well as the drive to go the extra mile to create a spectacular experience for all residents and staff. Your success and purpose are driven by the relationships that you build.
- Involving or creating favorable circumstances that foster success and effectiveness
- At all times, on any given day, regardless, you are relatable and approachable to residents and staff alike
- At all times, regardless, you do what you say you will do. You over deliver.
- There is no “I” in team for you. You are an active listener and understand that your participation and support are integral to the success of Avanath, ensuring that each resident and staff feel seen, heard and valued.
- Assisting in the onboarding of currently outsourced residential property management accounting functions, including: Bank Reconciliation, Account Reconciliation, AP, Fixed Assets, Accruals, Debt Service, Monthly Close, and other G/L functions.
- Serve as an accounting liaison to Property Management, Acquisitions, Asset Management, and other groups within the firm in order to facilitate collaboration and success for the accounting department.
- Facilitates the accounting close process and creates monthly reporting packages and financial statements, currently prepared by third-party accounting firms.
- Assists with ad hoc analysis, reporting, and special projects, as needed.
- Community Relations + Customer Service
- Positive interaction and communication with communities regarding operational concerns, listing preparation and other tasks associated with acquiring related subjects.
- Assist the team in creating and implementing systems that provides necessary services to property management, community personnel, or investor partners.
- The incumbent in this is classified as essential staff and is expected to report to work and adhere to all safety and business protocols established during the pandemic. Please be further advised that Avanath does require temperature and symptom monitoring to assist the teams in minimizing risk of exposure.
- Frequent sitting
- Repetitive use of computer, keyboard, mouse, and phone
- Reading, comprehending, writing, performing calculations, communicating verbally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of experience in property accounting
- Understanding of and experience in residential real estate accounting concepts and principles a plus, but not required.
- Must possess intermediate skill level of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Yardi, Internet and email knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior executives, business vendors, community associates and investor contacts as needed.
- Ability to work well under time and other constraints.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required to be employed by Avanath
How Avanath Supports You We know that our teams are the heart of our success and growth, and we are committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Culture Built on Purpose and Core Values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Comprehensive Benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k), personal time off, paid holidays and more!
- Growth that is based on achievement and an emphasis on promoting from within our ranks versus just external candidates
- Development – a commitment to creating opportunities to learn and expand your knowledge in the industry from online training platforms to training classes to one-on-one coaching
Diversity & Inclusion Avanath Capital is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have, and Diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”) are at the very core of Avanath’s operating and investment philosophy. We believe that bringing together people with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, talents, and experiences at all levels of our organization, including the executive team, enables us to proactively and creatively achieve our mission to enable opportunities for hard-working American families. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part our culture, our reputation and our achievements. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Our organization’s diversity initiatives include—but are not limited to—our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.