Avanath is proud to be named one of top property management companies to provide affordable housing for the work force. Cultivating the American Dream is the purpose that binds the Avanath team. At Avanath, every day is an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life. Whether it is helping residents call one of our communities home, providing excellence in customer service, or championing our workforce, we are committed to creating an unforgettable experience as a great place to live, work and be.
As a Leasing Consultant, you will be the driving force in aiding our future residents find the best unit for them to call home. Your creative and thoughtful tours will be customized to individual tastes – from recommending the perfect floorplan to outlining the best new neighborhood restaurants. You know what moves people and will follow through on every lead to ensure that our prospective residents know Avanath cares.
You Are A+ - (Aptitude, Authentic, Aspiration and Ambition)
- An Aptitude for Connecting
- You have a knack for creating a sense of community, as well as the drive to go the extra mile to create a spectacular experience for all residents. Your success and purpose are driven by the relationships that you build.
- An Authentic Attitude
- Your personalized connections and recommendations drive our leasing performance. Your ability to create excitement through creative campaigns, continuous outreach, and social media fuel community enthusiasm for calling this Avanath community home.
- An Aspiration for Follow-up and Follow Through
- By understanding what is important to our prospective residents, you continuously reach out with tailored updates - from the ideal floorplan they have been eyeing, to the newest hot-spot openings, to the best food truck in the neighborhood. YOU help paint a picture of what it is like to a member of an Avanath Community.
- An Ambition to Support Residents and Colleagues
- There is no “I” in team for you. You understand that your participation and support are integral to the success of Avanath, and ensuring that each resident feels seen, heard and understood.
- Always provide outstanding customer service
- Understands features and benefits of property and each different layout of unit.
- Schedules move-in is onto calendar, following up on prospects.
- Always meets all applicable Fair Housing standards.
- Processes applications for prospective residents including qualifications for LIHTC and Section 8.
- Assists with overflow of customers.
- Uses marketing collateral to demonstrate value to prospective resident
- This position works within the community, which may include accessing residents' units for life and safety matters and a normal office environment. There may be contact with residents, employees and the public. Due to the potential exposure risk, the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required. The incumbent in this is classified as essential staff and is expected to report to work and adhere to all safety and business protocols established during the pandemic. Please be further advised that Avanath does require temperature and symptom monitoring to assist the teams in minimizing risk of exposure.
- Frequent sitting and walking
- Repetitive use of computer, keyboard, mouse and phone
- Reading, comprehending, writing, performing calculations, communicating verbally
- May work in an elevated site, may walk on uneven ground
- Occasional squatting, bending neck/waist, twisting neck/waist, pushing and pulling
- Three (3) or more years of customer service experience in a sales environment required
- Two (2) + years of experience in the property management industry highly desired
- CO-OP Leasing experience required
- Knowledge of LIHTC and Tax Credit qualifications highly desired
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with senior executives
- Ability to work well under time and other constraints
- Solid computer knowledge, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet and email
How Avanath Supports You We know that our teams are the heart of our success and growth, and we are committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Culture Built on Purpose and Core Values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Comprehensive Benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k), personal time off, paid holidays and more!
- Growth that is based on achievement and an emphasis on promoting from within our ranks versus just external candidates
- Development – a commitment to creating opportunities to learn and expand your knowledge in the industry from online training platforms to training classes to one-on-one coaching
Diversity & Inclusion Avanath Capital is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have, and Diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”) are at the very core of Avanath’s operating and investment philosophy. We believe that bringing together people with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, talents, and experiences at all levels of our organization, including the executive team, enables us to proactively and creatively achieve our mission to enable opportunities for hard-working American families. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part our culture, our reputation and our achievements. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Our organization’s diversity initiatives include—but are not limited to—our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.