Avanath takes a holistic approach to its strategy of acquiring and redeveloping affordable, workforce, and primary rental housing. In addition to investing in the physical assets, Avanath invests in community-based services and activities that enhances the lifestyle of its residents, including after school programs, activities for seniors, civic engagement, and wellness.
Avanath seeks multifamily investment opportunities in communities that are historically under served by institutional capital. We are targeting affordable and value priced apartment communities that appeal to residents making $30,000 to $80,000 per year – the largest segment of rental housing demand. We acquire and redevelop apartment communities that (1) were developed under the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (“LIHTC”) program, (2) were developed using tax-exempt bonds, (3) subject to project-based, Section 8 Housing Assistance Program (“HAP”) contracts, (4) subject to state of local affordability provisions, and (5) national occurring affordable housing (“NOAH”).
The key objectives of our investment strategy are as follows:
- Build durable current income and cash flow for our investors
- Build long term value that provides an attractive risk-adjusted return for our investors
- Maintain long term affordability in our apartment communities
- Enhance the lifestyle of our residents through superior customer service and providing supportive amenities and services
- Implement investments and practices that build long term environmental sustainability