Effective date: 12/01/22
PARTICIPATION ON THE SERVICE (DEFINED BELOW).
THESE TERMS REQUIRE YOU TO ARBITRATE ANY DISPUTES YOU HAVE WITH US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS ONLY, AND BY USING THE
SERVICE AND ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US IN ANY COURT, TO HAVE ANY
DISPUTE HEARD BY A JUDGE OR JURY, OR TO BRING ANY CLAIMS AGAINST US IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT (INCLUDING AS A CLASS
REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF ANY PUTATIVE CLASS).
If You Want to Use This Service,
then carefully read these entire Terms (including all links to details), as they constitute a written agreement between you and us and they affect your legal rights and obligations. Each time you access and/or use the Service (other than to simply read these Terms), you agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms and any Additional Terms (defined below) then posted. Therefore, do not use the Service if you do not agree.
The business realities associated with operating the Service are such that, without the conditions that are set forth in these Terms — such as your grants and waivers of rights, the limitations on our liability, your indemnity of us, and the arbitration of certain disputes – Avanath would not make the Service available to you.
Linkable Table of Contents
It is important that you read and understand these entire Terms before using the Service. This table of contents further highlights some key issues and points and you can click on the headings and “More” links to be taken to the full explanation.
- Service Content, Ownership, Limited License, and Rights of Others
We only grant you a limited revocable license to use the Service for your own non-commercial use, subject to rules and limitations. More
- Service and Content Use Restrictions
Your use is subject to our rules. More
- Opening and Terminating Accounts, Identity Authentication, and Background Checks
You may open, revise and close your accounts and other terms that apply when you use the Service. More
- Feedback You Submit
You grant us a broad license, which we may sublicense, to the content or feedback you submit, which you represent you have the right to allow us to use. More
- Notices, Questions, and Customer Service
Click here to contact us for customer service or questions. You agree that we may provide you notices, including notices of new terms and conditions, by posting notice on the home page of the Service or by other reasonable means, such as to the email you provided. More
- Links by You to the Service
You may link to our Service, subject to some basic rules. More
- Linked-To Websites; Advertisements; Dealings with Third Parties
We are not responsible for third parties or their content, advertisements, apps or services. More
- Wireless Features and CommunicationsWireless carrier charges may apply to use of the Service via wireless networks or Devices. If you sign up to receive text messages or voice communications from us, please review this Section carefully. More
- Investor DisclosuresIf you participate in our investor reporting services made available to Avanath investors, please review this Section carefully. More
- Dispute ResolutionYou agree to arbitrate most disputes and waive jury trial and class actions. More
- Disclaimer of Representations and WarrantiesWe disclaim most warranties and provide the Service “As Is”. More
- Limitations of our LiabilityOur liability is greatly limited. More
- Updates to TermsThese Terms and Additional Terms posted on the Service at each time of use apply to that use, and the Terms may be prospectively updated as our Service evolves. Posting of new terms on the Service is notice to you thereof. More
- General ProvisionsYou agree to various other terms and conditions, which you should read here. More
1. Service Content, Ownership, Limited License, and Rights of Others
- a. Content The Service contains a variety of: (i) materials and other items relating to Avanath, Avanath’s products and services, and similar items from our licensors and other third parties, including all layout, information, games, articles, reviews, posts, text, data, files, images, scripts, designs, graphics, button icons, instructions, illustrations, photographs, audio clips, music, sounds, pictures, videos, advertising copy, URLs, technology, software, interactive features, the “look and feel” of the Service, and the compilation, assembly, and arrangement of the materials of the Service and any and all copyrightable material (including source and object code); (ii) trademarks, trade dress, logos, trade names, service marks, and/or trade identities of various parties, including those of Avanath (collectively, “Trademarks”); and (iii) other forms of intellectual property (all of the foregoing, collectively, “Content”).
- b. Ownership The Service (including past, present and future versions) and the Content are owned or controlled by Avanath and our licensors and certain other third parties. All right, title, and interest in and to the Content available via the Service is the property of Avanath or our licensors or certain other third parties, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, or other intellectual property and unfair competition rights and laws to the fullest extent possible. Avanath owns the copyright in the selection, compilation, assembly, arrangement, and enhancement of the Content on the Service.
- c. Limited License Subject to your strict compliance with these Terms and the Additional Terms, Avanath grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to download (temporary storage only), display, view, use, play, and/or print one copy of the Content (excluding source and object code in raw form or otherwise, other than as made available to access and use to enable display and functionality) on a personal computer, mobile phone or other wireless device, or other Internet enabled device (each, a “Device”) for your personal, non-commercial use only. The foregoing limited license: (i) does not give you any ownership of, or any other intellectual property interest in, any Content, and (ii) may be immediately suspended or terminated for any reason, in Avanath’s sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability. In some instances, we may permit you to have greater access to and use of Content, subject to certain Additional Terms.
- d. Rights of Others When using the Service, you must respect the intellectual property and other rights of Avanath and others. Your unauthorized use of Content may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, communications, and other laws, and any such use may result in your personal liability, including potential criminal liability.
2. Service and Content Use Restrictions
- a. Service Use Restrictions. You agree that you will not: (i) use the Service for any political or commercial purpose (including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising, soliciting funds, collecting product prices, and selling products); (ii) use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing any Trademarks; (iii) engage in any activities through or in connection with the Service that seek to attempt to or do harm any individuals or entities or are unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party, or are otherwise objectionable to Avanath; (iv) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, reverse assemble, or modify any Service source or object code or any software or other products, services, or processes accessible through any portion of the Service; (v) engage in any activity that interferes with a user’s access to the Service or the proper operation of the Service, or otherwise causes harm to the Service, Avanath, or other users of the Service; (vi) interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the Service or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the Service or the Content; (vii) harvest or otherwise collect or store any information (including personally identifiable information about other users of the Service, including email addresses, without the express consent of such users); (viii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or any other means; or (ix) otherwise violate these Terms or any Additional Terms.
- b. Content Use Restrictions. You also agree that, in using the Service: (i) you will not monitor, gather, copy, or distribute the Content (except as may be a result of standard search engine activity or use of a standard browser) on the Service by using any robot, rover, “bot”, spider, scraper, crawler, spyware, engine, device, software, extraction tool, or any other automatic device, utility, or manual process of any kind; (ii) you will not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any such Content (including any images, text, or page layout) or make it appear that a third-party site is presenting or endorsing, any of the Content, or incorporate any intellectual property of the Service, Avanath or any of its licensors into another website or other service; (iii) you will keep intact all Trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property notices contained in such Content; (iv) you will not use such Content in a manner that suggests an unauthorized association with any of our or our licensors’ products, services, or brands; (v) you will not make any modifications to such Content; (vi) you will not copy, modify, reproduce, archive, sell, lease, rent, exchange, create derivative works from, publish by hard copy or electronic means, publicly perform, display, disseminate, distribute, broadcast, retransmit, circulate or transfer to any third party or on any third-party application or website, or otherwise use or exploit such Content in any way for any purpose except as specifically permitted by these Terms or any Additional Terms or with the prior written consent of an officer of Avanath or, in the case of Content from a licensor, the owner of the Content; and (vii) you will not insert any code or product to manipulate such Content in any way that adversely affects any user experience.
- c. Availability of Service and Content. Avanath may immediately suspend or terminate the availability of the Service and Content (and any elements and features of them), in whole or in part, for any reason, in Avanath’s sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability.
- d. Reservation of All Rights Not Granted as to Content and Service These Terms and any Additional Terms include only narrow, limited grants of rights to Content and to use and access the Service. No right or license may be construed, under any legal theory, by implication, estoppel, industry custom, or otherwise. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Avanath’s and its licensors and other third parties. Any unauthorized use of any Content or the Service for any purpose is prohibited.
3. Opening and Terminating Accounts, Identity Authentication, and Background Checks
- b. Identity Authentication You authorize us, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate your identity. This may include asking you for further information, requiring you to provide your date of birth, and other information that will allow us to reasonably identify you, requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your email address or financial instruments, ordering a credit report, or verifying your information against third party databases or through other sources. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents at any time. If you use certain services on the Service, federal law may require that we verify some of your information. Avanath reserves the right to close, suspend, or limit access to your account and/or the Service in the event we are unable to obtain or verify this information.
- c. Background Checks Avanath reserves the right, at our discretion, to perform any and all reasonable investigations on potential renters for the purpose of verifying information about you, such as source of funds, credit profile, background history and criminal history. When you submit a rental application, you authorize and consent for Avanath to conduct a background check on you, including, without limitation, for the purpose of fulfilling federal and state compliance obligations. You expressly waive the right to receive any disclosures that would normally be required to be made to you by applicable laws as part of an employment screening as you acknowledge that the purpose of the background check is not for employment purposes but rather to ensure the safety of the Avanath-owned communities. Avanath may use a third party service provider to issue the background check and you authorize Avanath to provide your information to such third party for purposes of obtaining such background check. To the extent you fail the background check, in Avanath’s sole and absolute discretion, you will be denied the ability to rent the property or required to move out of a community. AVANATH RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES), AT ANY TIME AND USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS OR OTHER THIRD PARTY SOURCES. YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO AVANATH CONDUCTING SUCH BACKGROUND CHECK AT THE TIME YOU SUBMIT A RENTAL APPLICATION AND ANY TIME THEREAFTER TO THE EXTENT YOU ARE RENTER IN AN AVANATH COMMUNITY.
4. Feedback You Submit
- a. General Avanath may now or in the future offer users of the Service the opportunity to post, upload, display, publish, distribute, transmit or otherwise make available on or submit through the Service, messages, answers, text, files, comments, responses, information, content, results, reviews, suggestions, personally identifiable information, or other information or materials and the ideas contained therein (collectively, “User-Generated Content”). Avanath may allow you to do this through contact us, email, and other communications functionality. Subject to the rights and license you grant in these Terms, you retain whatever legally cognizable right, title, and interest that you have in your User-Generated Content and you remain ultimately responsible for it.
- c. License to Avanath of Your User-Generated Content Except as otherwise described in any applicable Additional Terms, which specifically govern the submission of your User-Generated Content), you hereby grant to Avanath, and you agree to grant to Avanath, the non-exclusive, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, and cost-free right and license to use, copy, record, distribute, reproduce, disclose, sell, re-sell, sublicense (through multiple levels), display, publicly perform, transmit, publish, broadcast, translate, make derivative works of, and otherwise use and exploit in any manner whatsoever, all or any portion of your User-Generated Content (and derivative works thereof), for any purpose whatsoever in all formats, on or through any means or medium now known or hereafter developed, and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed, and to advertise, market, and promote the same. Without limitation, the granted rights include the right to: (a) configure, host, index, cache, archive, store, digitize, compress, optimize, modify, reformat, edit, adapt, publish in searchable format, and remove such User-Generated Content and combine same with other materials, and (b) use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any User-Generated Content for any purposes whatsoever, including developing, producing, and marketing products and/or services. In order to further effect the rights and license that you grant to Avanath to your User-Generated Content, you also hereby grant to Avanath, and agree to grant to Avanath, the unconditional, perpetual, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, persona, and likeness in connection with any User-Generated Content, without any obligation or remuneration to you. Except as prohibited by law, you hereby waive, and you agree to waive, any moral rights (including attribution and integrity) that you may have in any User-Generated Content, even if it is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. To the extent not waivable, you irrevocably agree not to exercise such rights (if any) in a manner that interferes with any exercise of the granted rights. You understand that you will not receive any fees, sums, consideration, or remuneration for any of the rights granted in this Section 4(C).
5. Notices, Questions, and Customer Service
You agree that: (i) we may give you notices of new, revised or changed terms and other important matters by prominently posting notice on the home page of the Service, or in another reasonable manner; and (ii) we may contact you by mail or email sent to the address provided by you. You agree to promptly notify us if you change your email or mailing address.
If you have a question regarding using the Service, you may contact us at [email protected]. You acknowledge that the provision of customer support is at Avanath’s sole discretion and that we have no obligation to provide you with customer support of any kind.
6. Links by You to the Service
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to create hyperlinks to the Service, so long as: (a) the links only incorporate text, and do not use any Trademarks; (b) the links and the content on your website do not suggest any affiliation with Avanath or cause any other confusion; and (c) the links and the content on your website do not portray Avanath or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter, and do not contain content that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party or are otherwise objectionable to Avanath. Avanath reserves the right to suspend or prohibit linking to the Service for any reason, in its sole discretion, without advance notice or any liability of any kind to you or any third party.
7. Linked-To Websites; Advertisements; Dealings with Third Parties
- a. Linked Services; Advertisements The Service may contain links, as part of third-party ads on the Service or otherwise, to or from third-party websites (“Linked Services”), including websites operated by advertisers, licensors, licensees, and certain other third parties who may have business relationships with Avanath. Avanath may have no control over the content, operations, policies, terms, or other elements of Linked Services, and Avanath does not assume any obligation to review any Linked Services. Avanath does not endorse, approve, or sponsor any Linked Services, or any third-party content, advertising, information, materials, products, services, or other items. Furthermore, Avanath is not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products or services offered, accessed, obtained by or advertised at such Linked Services. Finally, Avanath will under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or special loss, or other damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright, or other intellectual property rights, caused by the exhibition, distribution, or exploitation of any information or content contained within these third-party Linked Services. Any activities you engage in connection with any of the same are subject to the privacy and other policies, terms and conditions of use and/or sale, and rules issued by the operator of the Linked Services. Avanath disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
- b. Dealings with Third Parties Any interactions, correspondence, transactions, and other dealings that you have with any third parties found on or through the Service (including on or via Linked Services or advertisements) are solely between you and the third party (including issues related to the content of third-party advertisements, payments, delivery of goods, warranties (including product warranties), privacy and data security, and the like). Avanath disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
a. Wireless Features
The Service may offer certain features and services that are available to you via your wireless Device. These features and services may include the ability to access the Service’s features and upload content to the Service, receive messages from the Service, and download applications to your wireless Device (collectively, “Wireless Features”). Standard messaging, data, and other fees may be charged by your carrier to participate in Wireless Features. Fees and charges may appear on your wireless bill or be deducted from your pre-paid balance. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Wireless Features and certain Wireless Features may be incompatible with your carrier or wireless Device. You should check with your carrier to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. Contact your carrier with questions regarding these issues.
b. Terms of Wireless Features
You agree that as to the Wireless Features for which you are registered for, we may send communications to your wireless Device regarding us or other parties. Further, we may collect information related to your use of the Wireless Features. If you have registered via the Service for Wireless Features, then you agree to notify Avanath of any changes to your wireless contact information (including phone number).
c. Telephone Communications, SMS Service Alerts and Agreement to Be Contacted
- (i) Text alerts. By opting in to the Avanath text alert program you are agreeing to receive automated marketing text messages per week from Avanath, or third-parties acting on its behalf (including Yardi), to the telephone number you provide. These messages may include promotions, discounts, coupons, events and sweepstakes information. Your consent is not a condition of purchase and you can stop at any time. Avanath shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability, of information transmitted via this text service. Avanath makes no warranty that: (A) the text service is compatible with your equipment, (B) the service will meet your requirements, (C) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, or (D) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be secure, complete, accurate or reliable. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your equipment by virtue of the use of the text alerts service. Standard text messaging and data rates may apply through your service provider.
- (ii) Call Recording and Monitoring. You acknowledge that telephone calls, voicemails, messages and texts to, from or through the Service, together with its agents, independent contractors (including you and other users), and affiliates, may be monitored and recorded and you consent to such monitoring and recording.
- (iii) Your Provision of Telephone Numbers and Other Contact Information. You verify that any contact information provided to Avanath, our respective agents and affiliates, including, but not limited to, your name, mailing address, email address, your residential or business telephone number, and/or your mobile telephone number, is true and accurate. You verify that you are the current subscriber or owner of any telephone number that you provide. You are strictly prohibited from providing a phone number that is not your own. If we discover that any information provided in connection with your registration is false or inaccurate, we may suspend or terminate your account access at any time. Should any of your contact information change, including ownership of your telephone numbers, you agree to immediately notify us before the change goes into effect by texting STOP to any text message you receive from us. In the event that you get a new telephone number, you will need to contact us at [email protected].
- (iv) Your Consent to Receive Automated Communications. You acknowledge that by voluntarily providing your telephone number(s) to Avanath and our respective agents and affiliates, you expressly agree to receive automated communications, including, artificial voices, pre-recorded voice messages and/or auto-dialed calls and text messages (such as SMS, MMS, or successor protocols or technologies) from Avanath, its agents, independent contractors, and affiliates related to promotions, discounts, coupons, events and sweepstakes information, your rewards account, registration, orientation, product alterations, changes and updates, service outages, any transaction with Avanath, and/or your relationship with us. You acknowledge that automated calls or text messages may be made to your telephone number(s) even if your telephone number(s) is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. You understand that you may receive automated text messages to any telephone number you provide at any time. You also agree that Avanath may obtain, and you expressly agree to be contacted at, any email addresses, mailing addresses, or phone numbers provided by you at any time. You agree to receive automated text messages from us, our agents, independent contractors, customers, and affiliates even if you terminate your relationship with us, except if you opt-out (see below). You understand that you do not have to agree to receive automated promotional texts as a condition of purchasing any goods or services or accessing the Avanath Rewards Program. To opt-out, please see the Opt-Out Instructions below.
- (v) Opt-Out Instructions for Automated Texts. Your consent to receive automated texts is completely voluntary. You may opt-out at any time by sending a “STOP” request by replying to any text message you receive from us, by contacting us at [email protected], or by informing one of our representatives through the customer service chat and specifying that you want to opt out of text messages. You acknowledge and agree to accept a final text message confirming your opt-out. It is your sole responsibility to notify us if you no longer want to receive automated text messages. You waive any rights to bring claims for unauthorized or undesired text messages by failing to opt-out immediately or by failing to follow these instructions. Please allow up to thirty (30) days (or ten (10) business days where required by law) to process any opt-out request. Please note that if you opt out of automated text messages, we reserve the right to send you confirming text messages or make non-automated calls to you. It is possible that third parties may have your contact information and you may continue to receive communications from these third parties despite an opt out request. We are not responsible for unwanted contact from third parties. Please contact third parties directly to inform them of your communication preferences.
- (vi) Fees and Charges. There is no fee to receive automated text messages from us, our agents, affiliates, and independent contractors. However, you may incur a charge for these text messages from your telephone carrier, which is your sole responsibility. Messaging and data rates may be applicable and you may be responsible for fees or charges from your carrier. You may incur other charges if you leave the Service through links. Check your telephone plan and contact your carrier for details. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to incur such charges and acknowledge that Avanath, our agents, affiliates, and independent contractors are not responsible for such charges. Your obligations under this Section will survive expiration or termination of these Terms.
- (vii) Unauthorized Use of Your Telephone Device. You must notify us immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your telephone device. Although we, our agents, affiliates, and independent contractors will not be liable for losses caused by any unauthorized use of your telephone device, you may be liable for the losses of Avanath, our agents, affiliates, and independent contractors or others due to such unauthorized use.
- (viii) Your Indemnification to Us. You agree to indemnify Avanath, our agents, affiliates, and independent contractors for any privacy, tort or other claims, including claims under the Federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act or its state law equivalent, relating to your voluntary provision of a telephone number that is not owned by you and/or your failure to notify us of any changes in your contact information, including telephone number. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any and all such claims, losses, liability, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees). Avanath shall have the exclusive right to choose counsel, at your expense, to defend any such claims.
- (ix) Release of Claims. In consideration of the services provided by Avanath, you hereby release Avanath, our agents, affiliates, and independent contractors from any and all claims, causes of action, lawsuits, injuries, damages, losses, liabilities or other harms resulting from or relating to telephone calls or text messages, including, without limitation, any claims, causes of action, or lawsuits based on any alleged violations of the law (including, without limitation, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Truth in Caller ID Act, Telemarketing Sales Rule, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, or any similar state and local acts or statutes, and any federal or state tort or consumer protection laws).
- (x) General. You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone devices and other equipment and software, and all internet service provider, mobile service, and other services needed to receive calls and text messages. Text messaging may only be available to customers of select carriers with compatible handsets. Your obligations under this Section 8 will survive termination of these Terms.
9. Investor Disclosures
If you access our investor reporting portal, here are some of the more significant investment notices that we want to bring to your attention at the outset:
- The federal and state laws applicable to private real estate investment and finance are complex. In general, they are designed to protect unsophisticated people from making ill-advised investments. These Terms are designed to minimize the risk to Avanath if any unsophisticated/unaccredited individuals try to become investors through the Service, and to protect Avanath in the event that anyone claims he, she or it was damaged by using the Service.
- Neither the information nor any opinion expressed on the Service constitutes an offer by Avanath to buy or sell any securities or financial instruments or provide any investment or real estate advice or related services. None of the Services shall be construed as an offer to buy, or the solicitation of an offer to sell, any securities. Investments can and do lose money and you should be prepared to lose your entire investment in any investment made available by Avanath.
- The information provided on the Service by us about investment and real estate opportunities may not be available to or suitable for you. Not all strategies are appropriate at all times. Avanath is not obligated to perform, and has not performed, an analysis of investor suitability with respect to the investments available through the Service.
- The opinions expressed on the Service by us do not constitute investment or real estate advice. Independent professional advice should be sought in all cases before investing in an opportunity offered on or through the Service.
- The value and income of any of the investing opportunities mentioned on the Service by us or users can fall as well as rise and an investor may get back less than he or she invested or nothing at all. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.
- The investment opportunities mentioned on the Service may often have tax consequences; therefore, it is important to bear in mind that we do not provide tax advice. The levels and bases of taxation can change. Investors’ tax affairs are their own responsibility and investors should consult their own attorneys or other tax advisors in order to understand the tax consequences of any investments mentioned on the Service.
- Avanath does not offer legal advice. You are encouraged to seek legal counsel prior to investing or using the Service.
- Avanath reserves the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any investment posted on the Service at any time and for any reason. Avanath is not liable for any damages as a result of any of those actions. Avanath’s policy is not to comment on the reasons for any of those actions.
- Avanath is not liable for any damages or loss incurred related to investments, loans or any other use of the Service. All dealings are solely between users. Avanath is under no obligation to become involved in disputes between any users, or between users and any third party. This includes, but is not limited to, delivery of capital, goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with investments available on the Service. Avanath does not oversee the performance or punctuality of investment opportunities. Avanath does not guarantee the completion of any investment opportunity stated to be undertaken by any company or warrant the outcome or success of any investment or any company.
- This Service may contain certain forward-looking statements, which reflect Avanath management’s (“Management”) expectations regarding Avanath’s growth, results of operations, performance, and business prospects and opportunities. Statements about Avanath’s future plans and intentions, results, levels of activity, performance, goals or achievements, or other future events constitute forward-looking statements. Wherever possible, words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “could,” “expect,” “plan,” “intend,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “pursue,” “continue,” “seek,” or “potential” or the negative or other variations of these words, or other similar words or phrases, have been used to identify these forward-looking statements. These statements reflect Management’s current beliefs and are based on information currently available to Management. Forward-looking statements involve significant risk, uncertainties, and assumptions. Many factors could cause actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from the results discussed or implied in the forward-looking statements. These factors should be considered carefully and readers should not place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements. Although the forward-looking statements contained on this Service are based on what Management believes to be reasonable assumptions, Avanath cannot assure Service users that actual results will be consistent with these forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date indicated in the applicable materials in which such statements are made, and Avanath assumes no obligation to update or revise them to reflect new events or circumstances. Many factors could cause the actual results, performance, or achievements of Avanath to be materially different from any future results, performance, or achievements that may be expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements, including: general economic and market segment conditions, competitor activity, product capability and acceptance, international risk and currency exchange rates, and technology changes. The foregoing is not an exhaustive list and other uncertainties and risks are discussed in the company’s materials filed with the U.S. securities regulatory authorities from time to time. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described as anticipated, believed, estimated, or expected.
If you reside in the U.S. (and as applicable to U.S. residents), certain portions of this Section 10 are deemed to be a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act. You and Avanath agree that we intend that this Section 10 satisfies the “writing” requirement of the Federal Arbitration Act.
a. First – Try to Resolve Disputes and Excluded Disputes
If any controversy, allegation, or claim arises out of or relates to the Service, the Content, your User-Generated Content, these Terms, or any Additional Terms, whether heretofore or hereafter arising (collectively, “Dispute”), or to any of Avanath’s actual or alleged intellectual property rights (an “Excluded Dispute”, which includes those actions set forth in Section 10(D), then you and we agree to send a written notice to the other providing a reasonable description of the Dispute or Excluded Dispute, along with a proposed resolution of it. Our notice to you will be sent to you based on the most recent contact information that you provide us. But if no such information exists or if such information is not current, then we have no obligation under this Section 10(A). Your notice to us must be sent via email [email protected]. For a period of sixty (60) days from the date of receipt of notice from the other party, Avanath and you will engage in a dialogue in order to attempt to resolve the Dispute or Excluded Dispute, though nothing will require either you or Avanath to resolve the Dispute or Excluded Dispute on terms with respect to which you and Avanath, in each of our sole discretion, are not comfortable.
b. Binding Arbitration
If we cannot resolve a Dispute as set forth in Section 10(A) (or agree to arbitration in writing with respect to an Excluded Dispute) within sixty (60) days of receipt of the notice, then ANY AND ALL DISPUTES ARISING BETWEEN YOU AND AVANATH (WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, STATUTE, REGULATION, ORDINANCE, TORT— INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FRAUD, ANY OTHER INTENTIONAL TORT OR NEGLIGENCE,—COMMON LAW, CONSTITUTIONAL PROVISION, RESPONDEAT SUPERIOR, AGENCY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY), WHETHER ARISING BEFORE OR AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THESE TERMS, MUST BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION. THIS INCLUDES ANY AND ALL DISPUTES BASED ON ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ADVERTISING AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE. For U.S. residents, the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), not state law, shall govern the arbitrability of all disputes between Avanath and you regarding these Terms (and any Additional Terms) and the Service, including the “No Class Action Matters” Section below. BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATE, EACH PARTY IS GIVING UP ITS RIGHT TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE ANY DISPUTE HEARD BY A JUDGE OR JURY. Avanath and you agree, however, that the applicable state, federal or provincial law, as contemplated in Section 10(H) below, shall apply to and govern, as appropriate, any and all claims or causes of action, remedies, and damages arising between you and Avanath regarding these Terms and the Service, whether arising or stated in contract, statute, common law, or any other legal theory, without regard to any jurisdiction’s choice of law principles.
Any Dispute will be resolved solely by binding arbitration in accordance with the then-current Commercial Arbitration Rules (“Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), except as modified herein, and the arbitration will be administered by the AAA. If a party properly submits the Dispute to the AAA for formal arbitration and the AAA is unwilling to set a hearing then either party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services Inc. (“JAMS”) using JAMS’ streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures, or by any other arbitration administration service that you and an officer or legal representative of Avanath consent to in writing. If an in-person arbitration hearing is required and you are a U.S. resident, then it will be conducted in Orange County, California. You and we will pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees and other costs in accordance with the applicable arbitration rules; but if applicable arbitration rules or laws require Avanath to pay a greater portion or all of such fees and costs in order for this Section 10 to be enforceable, then Avanath will have the right to elect to pay the fees and costs and proceed to arbitration. The arbitration will be conducted by a single arbitrator who will apply and be bound by these Terms and any Additional Terms, and will determine any Dispute according to applicable law and facts based upon the record and no other basis, and will issue a reasoned award only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to the scope and enforceability of the arbitration and class action waiver provisions are for the court to decide. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Terms or the Service. You can obtain AAA and JAMS procedures, rules, and fee information as follows: AAA: 800.778.7879 and http://www.adr.org and JAMS: 800.352.5267 and http://www.jamsadr.com.
c. Limited Time to File Claims
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF YOU OR WE WANT TO ASSERT A DISPUTE (BUT NOT A EXCLUDED DISPUTE) AGAINST THE OTHER, THEN YOU OR WE MUST COMMENCE IT (BY DELIVERY OF WRITTEN NOTICE AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 10(A)) WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE DISPUTE ARISES — OR IT WILL BE FOREVER BARRED. Commencing means, as applicable: (a) by delivery of written notice as set forth above in Section 10(A); (b) filing for arbitration as set forth in Section 10(B); or (c) filing an action in state or Federal court.
d. Injunctive Relief
The foregoing provisions of this Section 10 will not apply to any legal action taken by Avanath to seek an injunction or other equitable relief in connection with, any loss, cost, or damage (or any potential loss, cost, or damage) relating to the Service, any Content, your User-Generated Content and/or Avanath’s intellectual property rights (including such Avanath may claim that may be in dispute), Avanath’s operations, and/or Avanath’s products or services.
e. No Class Action Matters
YOU AND AVANATH AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR AS AN ASSOCIATION. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be joined or consolidated with any other arbitrations or other proceedings that involve any claim or controversy of any other party. There shall be no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class action basis or on any basis involving Disputes brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public, or other persons or entities similarly situated. But if, for any reason, any court with competent jurisdiction holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement in Section 10(B) to arbitrate will not apply and the Dispute must be brought exclusively in court pursuant to Section 10(F). Notwithstanding any other provision of this Section 10, any and all issues relating to the scope, interpretation and enforceability of the class action waiver provisions contained herein (described in this “No Class Action Matters” section), are to be decided only by a court of competent jurisdiction, and not by the arbitrator. The arbitrator does not have the power to vary these class action waiver provisions.
f. Jurisdictional Issues
Except where arbitration is required above or with respect to the enforcement of any arbitration decision or award, any action or proceeding relating to any Dispute or Excluded Dispute arising hereunder may only be instituted in state or Federal court in Orange County, California. Accordingly, you and Avanath consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for such matters.
g. Small Claims Matters Are Excluded from Arbitration Requirement
Notwithstanding the foregoing, either of us may bring qualifying claim of Disputes (but not Excluded Disputes) in small claims court of competent jurisdiction.
h. Governing Law.
These Terms and any Additional Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with, and any Dispute and Excluded Dispute will be resolved in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
11. DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”, AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. Therefore, to the fullest extent permissible by law, Avanath and its subsidiaries and each of their respective employees, directors, members, managers, shareholders, agents, vendors, licensors, licensees, contractors, customers, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Avanath Parties”) hereby disclaim and make no representations, warranties, endorsements, or promises, express or implied, as to:
- (a) the Service (including the Content and the User-Generated Content);
- (b) the functions, features, or any other elements on, or made accessible through, the Service;
- (c) any products, services, or instructions offered or referenced at or linked through the Service;
- (d) security associated with the transmission of your User-Generated Content transmitted to Avanath via the Service;
- (e) whether the Service or the servers that make the Service available are free from any harmful components (including viruses, Trojan horses, and other technologies that could adversely impact your Device);
- (f) whether the information (including any instructions) on the Service is accurate, complete, correct, adequate, useful, timely, or reliable;
- (g) whether any defects to or errors on the Service will be repaired or corrected;
- (h) whether your access to the Service will be uninterrupted;
- (i) whether the Service will be available at any particular time or location; and
- (j) whether your use of the Service is lawful in any particular jurisdiction.
EXCEPT FOR ANY SPECIFIC WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREIN OR IN ADDITIONAL TERMS PROVIDED BY A AVANATH PARTY, AVANATH PARTIES HEREBY FURTHER DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
Some jurisdictions limit or do not allow the disclaimer of implied or other warranties so the above disclaimers may not apply to the extent such jurisdictions’ laws are applicable.
12. LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY AVANATH PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, including personal injury or death or for any direct, indirect, economic, exemplary, special, punitive, incidental, or consequential losses or damages that are directly or indirectly related to:
- (a) the Service (including the Content and the User-Generated Content);
- (b) your use of or inability to use the Service, or the performance of the Service;
- (c) any action taken in connection with an investigation by Avanath Parties or law enforcement authorities regarding your access to or use of the Service;
- (d) any action taken in connection with copyright or other intellectual property owners or other rights owners;
- (e) any injury you sustain directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the Service or any products or services purchased through the Service;
- (f) any errors or omissions in the Service’s technical operation; or
- (g) any damage to any user’s computer, hardware, software, modem, or other equipment or technology, including damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line, or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction, including losses or damages in the form of lost profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, work stoppage, accuracy of results, or equipment failure or malfunction.
The foregoing limitations of liability will apply even if any of the foregoing events or circumstances were foreseeable and even if the Avanath Parties were advised of or should have known of the possibility of such losses or damages, regardless of whether you bring an action based in contract, negligence, strict liability, or tort (including whether caused, in whole or in part, by negligence, acts of god, telecommunications failure, or destruction of the Service).
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages of the sort that are described above, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
EXCEPT AS MAY BE PROVIDED IN ANY ADDITIONAL TERMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL AVANATH PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU, FOR ALL POSSIBLE DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS, EXCEED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID AVANATH IN CONNECTION WITH THE TRANSACTION(S) THAT UNDERLIE THE CLAIM(S); PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THIS PROVISION WILL NOT APPLY IF A TRIBUNAL WITH APPLICABLE JURISDICTION FINDS SUCH TO BE UNCONSCIONABLE.
13. Updates to Terms
14. General Provisions
- a. Avanath’s Consent or Approval. As to any provision in these Terms or any Additional Terms that grants Avanath a right of consent or approval, or permits Avanath to exercise a right in its “sole discretion,” Avanath may exercise that right in its sole and absolute discretion. No Avanath consent or approval may be deemed to have been granted by Avanath without being in writing and signed by an officer of Avanath.
- b. Indemnity. You agree to, and you hereby, defend, indemnify, and hold Avanath Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs, investigations, liabilities, judgments, fines, penalties, settlements, interest, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that directly or indirectly arise from or are related to any claim, suit, action, demand, or proceeding made or brought against any Avanath Party, or on account of the investigation, defense, or settlement thereof, arising out of or in connection with, whether occurring heretofore or hereafter: (i) your User-Generated Content; (ii) your use of the Service and your activities in connection with the Service, including, without limitation, any competition you enter through your use of the Service; (iii) your breach or alleged breach of these Terms or any Additional Terms; (iv) your violation or alleged violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances, or orders of any governmental or quasi-governmental authorities in connection with your use of the Service or your activities in connection with the Service; (v) information or material transmitted through your Device, even if not submitted by you, that infringes, violates, or misappropriates any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent, publicity, privacy, or other right of any person or entity; (vi) any misrepresentation made by you; (vii) any other party’s access and/or use of the Service with your account; and (viii) Avanath Parties’ use of the information that you submit to us (including your User-Generated Content) (all of the foregoing, “Claims and Losses”). You will cooperate as fully required by Avanath Parties in the defense of any Claim and Losses. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Avanath Parties retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise, and pay any and all Claims and Losses. Avanath Parties reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims and Losses. You will not settle any Claims and Losses without, in each instance, the prior written consent of an officer of a Avanath Party.
- c. Operation of Service; Availability of Products and Services; International Issues. Avanath controls and operates the Service from its U.S.-based offices in the U.S.A., and Avanath makes no representation that the Service is appropriate or available for use beyond the U.S.A. If you use the Service from other locations, you are doing so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws regarding your online conduct and acceptable content, if and to the extent local laws apply. The Service may describe products and services that are available only in the U.S.A. (or only parts of it) and are not available worldwide. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Service and/or the provision of any content, program, product, service, or other feature described or available on the Service to any person, entity, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service, or other feature that we provide. You and we disclaim any application to these Terms of the Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- d. Export Controls. Software related to or made available by the Service may be subject to export controls of the U.S.A. No software from the Service may be downloaded, exported, or re-exported: (i) into (or to a national or resident of) any country or other jurisdiction to which the U.S.A. has embargoed goods, software, technology or services (which, as of the effective date of these Terms, includes Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Sudan, and Syria), or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders, or (iii) to anyone on the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security Entities List as published in the Export Administration Regulations (including entities engaged in weapons of mass destruction proliferation in various countries and persons and entities that are suspected of diverting U.S. origin items to embargoed countries or terrorist end-uses). You are responsible for complying with all trade regulations and laws both foreign and domestic. Except as authorized by law, you agree and warrant not to export or re-export the software to any county, or to any person, entity, or end-user subject to U.S. export controls, including as set forth in subsections (i) – (iii) above.
- e. Severability; Interpretation. If any provision of these Terms, or any Additional Terms, is for any reason deemed invalid, unlawful, void, or unenforceable by a court or arbitrator of competent jurisdiction, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms or the Additional Terms, and the invalidity of the provision will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms or the Additional Terms (which will remain in full force and effect). To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to waive, and you hereby waive, any applicable statutory and common law that may permit a contract to be construed against its drafter. Wherever the word “including” is used in these Terms or any Additional Terms, the word will be deemed to mean “including, without limitation”.
- f. Investigations; Cooperation with Law Enforcement; Termination; Survival. Avanath reserves the right, without any limitation, to: (i) investigate any suspected breaches of its Service security or its information technology or other systems or networks, (ii) investigate any suspected breaches of these Terms and any Additional Terms, (iii) investigate any information obtained by Avanath in connection with reviewing law enforcement databases or complying with criminal laws, (iv) involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating any of the foregoing matters, (v) prosecute violators of these Terms and any Additional Terms, and (vi) discontinue the Service, in whole or in part, or, except as may be expressly set forth in any Additional Terms, suspend or terminate your access to it, in whole or in part, including any user accounts or registrations, at any time, without notice, for any reason and without any obligation to you or any third party. Any suspension or termination will not affect your obligations to Avanath under these Terms or any Additional Terms. Upon suspension or termination of your access to the Service, or upon notice from Avanath, all rights granted to you under these Terms or any Additional Terms will cease immediately, and you agree that you will immediately discontinue use of the Service. The provisions of these Terms and any Additional Terms, which by their nature should survive your suspension or termination will survive, including the rights and licenses you grant to Avanath in these Terms, as well as the indemnities, releases, disclaimers, and limitations on liability and the provisions regarding jurisdiction, choice of law, no class action, and mandatory arbitration.
- g. Forward Looking Statements. his Service may contain investment related information including certain forward-looking statements, which reflect Avanath’s management’s (“Management”) expectations regarding Avanath’s growth, results of operations, performance, and business prospects and opportunities. Statements about Avanath’s future plans and intentions, results, levels of activity, performance, goals or achievements, or other future events constitute forward-looking statements. Wherever possible, words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “could,” “expect,” “plan,” “intend,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “pursue,” “continue,” “seek,” or “potential” or the negative or other variations of these words, or other similar words or phrases, have been used to identify these forward-looking statements. These statements reflect Management’s current beliefs and are based on information currently available to Management. Forward-looking statements involve significant risk, uncertainties, and assumptions. Many factors could cause actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from the results discussed or implied in the forward-looking statements. These factors should be considered carefully and readers should not place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements. Although the forward-looking statements contained on the Service are based on what Management believes to be reasonable assumptions, Avanath cannot assure Service users that actual results will be consistent with these forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date indicated in the applicable materials in which such statements are made, and Avanath assumes no obligation to update or revise them to reflect new events or circumstances. Many factors could cause the actual results, performance, or achievements of Avanath to be materially different from any future results, performance, or achievements that may be expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements, including: general economic and market segment conditions, competitor activity, product capability and acceptance, international risk and currency exchange rates, and technology changes. The foregoing is not an exhaustive list and other uncertainties and risks are discussed in the company’s materials filed with the United States securities regulatory authorities from time to time. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described as anticipated, believed, estimated, or expected.
- h. Assignment. Avanath may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms and any Additional Terms, in whole or in part, to any party at any time without any notice. These Terms and any Additional Terms may not be assigned by you, and you may not delegate your duties under them, without the prior written consent of an officer of Avanath.
- i. No Waiver. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms or any Additional Terms, (i) no failure or delay by you or Avanath in exercising any of rights, powers, or remedies under will operate as a waiver of that or any other right, power, or remedy, and (ii) no waiver or modification of any term of these Terms or any Additional Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced.
- j. Connectivity. You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all Devices and other equipment and software, and all internet service provider, mobile service, and other services needed for your access to and use of the Service and you will be responsible for all charges related to them.
- k. Electronic Delivery – Notice Policy – Consent. By using the Service, you consent to receive from Avanath all communications including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures, or other information in connection with the Service (collectively, “Contract Notices”) electronically. Avanath may provide the electronic Contract Notices by posting them on the Service. If you desire to withdraw your consent to receive Contract Notices electronically, you must discontinue your use of the Service. You agree that Avanath may send communications to you via your mailing address, email, telephone, or facsimile number provided by you on your account. You agree to notify us of any changes in your address or contact details. Avanath may also deliver information verbally. Communications shall be deemed delivered to you when sent and not when received. Your use of electronic signatures to sign documents legally binds you in the same manner as if you had manually signed such documents. The use of electronic versions of documents fully satisfies any requirement that such documents be provided to you in writing. If you sign electronically, you represent that you have the ability to access and retain a record of such documents. You agree that you are responsible for understanding these documents and agree to conduct business by electronic means. You are obligated to review the Service periodically for changes and modifications and agree not to contest the admissibility or enforceability the Service’s electronically stored copy of these Terms in any proceeding arising out of these Terms. Although you consent to electronic delivery, you may elect to deliver communications by other means and such delivery shall not affect your consent. You may revoke consent to electronic delivery of communications and receive a paper version at your election. Avanath shall have a reasonable period to effect such a change and Avanath may charge you a reasonable fee for sending such paper copies. If you elect to use electronic delivery, you agree and represent that you have a suitable computer with Internet access, an email address, and the availability to download, save, and/or print communications to retain a record of such communications. You agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining such equipment and services required for online access.
- l. Fair Housing Statement. WE DO BUSINESS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FAIR HOUSING ACT (The Civil Rights Act of 1968, as amended by the Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988). IT IS ILLEGAL TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY PERSON BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, HANDICAP, FAMILIAL STATUS (HAVING ONE OR MORE CHILDREN), OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. If you feel we have not met our obligations under the law, please contact our fair housing team at the following email: [email protected]. You can also file a complaint with the Department of Housing and Urban Development: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity Washington, D.C. 20410, www.hud.gov, 1-800-669-9777 (Toll Free), 1-800-927-9275 (TTY).