Avanath is proud to be named one of top property management companies to provide affordable housing for the work force. Cultivating the American Dream is the purpose that binds the Avanath team. At Avanath, every day is an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life. Whether it is helping residents call one of our communities home, providing excellence in customer service, or championing our workforce, we are committed to creating an unforgettable experience as a great place to live, work and be.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will create an environment where people will want to live. You will maintain the property to ensure good working order and pleasant curb appeal while providing excellent customer service to your residents.
Customer Service and Maintenance
- Provides exceptional customer service with every Interaction and deliver high-quality maintenance service.
- Complete assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as preventative maintenance on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
- Completes the “make-ready” process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Assists in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities by picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways, and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage as needed.
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts, when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment. Assists in conducting routine and periodic property inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the property in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs of the property to management.
- Follows procedures for accessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the property’s maintenance department by tracking inventory used, returning unused items to the established location, and notifying the maintenance supervisor about re-ordering needs.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s)
- Complies with Avanath’s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the property’s routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act and all other laws pertaining to the apartment industry.
- The incumbent in this is classified as essential staff and is expected to report to work and adhere to all safety and business protocols.
- Frequent sitting and walking
- Reading, comprehending, writing, performing calculations, communicating verbally
- May work in an elevated site, may walk on uneven ground
- Occasional squatting, bending neck/waist, twisting neck/waist, pushing, and pulling
- 2 years of multifamily maintenance experience required.
- Hands-on maintenance skills including plumbing, electrical, general carpentry, HVAC, appliances, pools, etc.
- Availability to be on-call to address any emergencies.
- A positive attitude, and the desire to learn and develop your skills.
- Superior customer service and verbal communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- EPA Type II or Universal certification is required; CPO is a plus.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Basic computer knowledge, Windows (Word, Excel) internet and e-mail
How Avanath Supports You We know that our teams are the heart of our success and growth, and we are committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Culture Built on Purpose and Core Values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Comprehensive Benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k), personal time off, paid holidays and more!
- Growth that is based on achievement and an emphasis on promoting from within our ranks versus just external candidates
- Development – a commitment to creating opportunities to learn and expand your knowledge in the industry from online training platforms to training classes to one-on-one coaching
Diversity & Inclusion Avanath Capital is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have, and Diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”) are at the very core of Avanath’s operating and investment philosophy. We believe that bringing together people with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, talents, and experiences at all levels of our organization, including the executive team, enables us to proactively and creatively achieve our mission to enable opportunities for hard-working American families. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part our culture, our reputation and our achievements. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Our organization’s diversity initiatives include—but are not limited to—our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.