Avanath is proud to be named one of top property management companies to provide affordable housing for the work force. Cultivating the American Dream is the purpose that binds the Avanath team. At Avanath, every day is an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life. Whether it is helping residents call one of our communities home, providing excellence in customer service, or championing our workforce, we are committed to creating an unforgettable experience as a great place to live, work and be.
The Role: The Porter ensures the physical aspects of the community are maintained and standards are met regarding the grounds, amenities and overall curb appeal and provides support to the service team members.
The incumbent in this role must possess a high degree of professionalism and positive engagement for our residents and the workforce.
- An Aptitude for Connecting - Must possess a strong sense for creating a sense of community, as well as the drive to go the extra mile to create a positive experience for all residents and staff. Your success and purpose are driven by the relationships that you build within your communities including vendor partners, regulatory and social services partnerships. This Includes adopting a collaborative approach to create consistent favorable circumstances that foster success and effectiveness for the Organization and the communities.
- An Authentic Attitude - Consistently demonstrate an open and professional attitude and approach when accessing and resolving resident and staff concerns. This Includes, but Is not limited to, seeking resources throughout the organization via the organizations' support services and senior leadership.
- An Approach that is positive and Professional - Consistently demonstrate an approach of active listening and understand that your participation and support are integral to the success of Avanath, ensuring that each resident and staff feel seen, heard and valued as you and the staff work to resolve challenges.
- Customer Service and General Maintenance
- Provide exceptional customer service with every Interaction and deliver high-quality maintenance service.
- Maintain a daily cleaning log.
- Inspect the community throughout the day to remove litter, debris, and pet droppings and ensure all common areas and amenities are always neat and free of litter.
- Removes trash and remaining items from vacant apartments prior to starting the make-ready process, transfers trash to dumpster or storage area as applicable, and cleans and maintains storage areas.
- Completes assigned minor and routine service requests as requested by Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager and assists the make-ready specialist in the turn process.
- Distributes notices and communications to residents, as necessary.
- Adherence to Property Management Rules, Regulations and Guidelines
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s)
- Complies with Avanath’s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the property’s routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act and all other laws pertaining to the apartment industry.
- Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- The incumbent in this is classified as essential staff and is expected to report to work and adhere to all safety and business protocols.
- Frequent sitting and walking
- Reading, comprehending, writing, performing calculations, communicating verbally
- May work in an elevated site, may walk on uneven ground
- Occasional squatting, bending neck/waist, twisting neck/waist, pushing, and pulling
- 2+ years of grounds or porter experience
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Thorough understanding of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions
- Good interpersonal skills with polite and courteous demeanor toward staff, customers, clients, and visitors to the property
- Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and OSHA requirements.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required to be employed by Avanath
How Avanath Supports You We know that our teams are the heart of our success and growth, and we are committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Culture Built on Purpose and Core Values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Comprehensive Benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k), personal time off, paid holidays and more!
- Growth that is based on achievement and an emphasis on promoting from within our ranks versus just external candidates
- Development – a commitment to creating opportunities to learn and expand your knowledge in the industry from online training platforms to training classes to one-on-one coaching
Diversity & Inclusion Avanath Capital is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have, and Diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”) are at the very core of Avanath’s operating and investment philosophy. We believe that bringing together people with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, talents, and experiences at all levels of our organization, including the executive team, enables us to proactively and creatively achieve our mission to enable opportunities for hard-working American families. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part our culture, our reputation and our achievements. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Our organization’s diversity initiatives include—but are not limited to—our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.